Sometimes projects go badly wrong and everyone is confused and miserable.
This is particularly true of software projects where the business people and the developers may lack a common vocabulary and understanding. There are many problems that are commonly encountered including:
- Delivery dates that slip and slip again with no end in sight
- Key components that are always “95%” complete
- System faults that cannot be resolved
- Impossible requirements that “can’t be changed”
- Changing scope but fixed delivery dates
- Stakeholders failing to support the project properly
Over the years I have encountered everyone of these problems and many more. One thing that I have learnt is that it better to address the situation realistically than ignore it and hope things improve because they never do.
As an independent expert in a wide range of technologies I am well placed to come in and help solve your problems and get your project back on track.
If a project is going wrong, the sooner it is put back on track the less it will cost. If you are reading this you would probably benefit from a quick Project Review. This can take as little as one day and provide you with a valuable independent assessment of the risks in your project.
If you would like to discuss your project please contact me and I will be pleased to assist you.